Old November 12th 03, 09:22 PM
Grandpa B.

If the canopy is made of Lexan - and I admit to ignorance here - you can
probably remove the paint with Acetone. I'm rebuilding a '58 Champ, and have
cleaned a bunch of gunk off the windshield so far, with nary a mark on it.
Plexiglas is quickly destroyed by acetone, but not Lexan. Acetone is a very
powerful solvent, and readily eats paints. Powder-coatings, too, I learned.
The hard way, of course!

Jon B.

"Jason" wrote in message
m...
The Pueblo Weisbrod Aircraft Museum in Pueblo, CO has obtained an
F-104 Starfighter from the US Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs.
The canopy seems to have some sort of paint or coating on the inside
of the canopy. Does anyone know of a way to remove it without damaging
the canopy? Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to
provide.

Jason Unwin
Aerospace Education Officer
Pueblo Weisbrod Aircraft Museum