Old June 3rd 18, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Digital altimeters

On Sunday, June 3, 2018 at 12:49:25 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Trig will not share communication code with AIRAvionics therefore ACD-57 will not operate a Trig COM or XPDR.

IMO, the 57mm Winter altimeter is a waste of money and panel space.The MGL Vega instruments are said to have good visibility in bright sunlight. I think it is worth a try but first would like to see one powered. Maybe at Oshkosh.

A marketing decision by Trig and in my opinion a bad one. The ACD-57 will control a Becker radio, and better than Becker's own front end. Surely it would be better than the Trig too, if Trig would only see the light.

I have altitude from the Air Vario, the CN Vario, the Trig, the iPhone, the inReach, and finally the Winter steam gage. It would be nice to get rid of the steam gage.