Old October 31st 04, 12:22 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:34:19 -0400, Roy Smith wrote:

The VOR-A at New Haven
(http://www.myairplane.com/databases/...s/00671VG2.PDF) has an
MDA of 720, which is about 300 feet higher than the towers in the area.
The VOR-2
(http://www.myairplane.com/databases/...s/00671VG2.PDF) gets
you down to 380, and has to deal with the same towers. Why does it get
to have an MDA 340 feet lower than the VOR-A?

In fact, the VOR-A is almost perfectly lined up with runway 32; I don't
see why it couldn't have been the VOR-32 with an MDA about 300 feet
lower. Any of you TERPs-heads out there understand what's going on here?

I'm not sure, but I wonder if it has something to do with the Missed
Approach path. The MA segment for the VOR-A seems to come a lot closer to
the 400+' towers than does the MA segment for the VOR-2.

--ron