Old February 22nd 14, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GC[_2_]

Default Does anyone use a tug tow hook that releases automatically whenglider kites?

On 23/02/2014 01:46, Chris Rollings wrote:

I've been aware of the Australian preference for low tow and the reasons
for it for over 30 years. My own flight testing and experience lead me to
believe that it does not significantly reduce the probability of a kiting
accident.

Well, Australia's experience shows that it does.

I would also say that, having flown in the UK, the Oz rules are
sometimes seen there as somewhat wussy - along the lines of "real men
don't fly low tow". Chris's irrational vehemence makes me think he may
be one of that 'sometimes' group.

GC