Old April 23rd 05, 08:51 PM
Chris

"Dylan Smith" wrote in message
In article , Montblack wrote:
I'm 100% serious, I wonder why this is? Almost no kids over 14 play
soccor
here, unless they're on an organized team.

Probably because soccer is the most overrated sport in existence.

I also observed when I was living in the US, soccer tended to be a
girl's game - as did field hockey (to the extent that I read in a
newspaper a couple of years ago how a boy who wanted to play hockey had
to wear the girl's uniform, including a skirt, to play it...)

Which always seemed strange. Field hockey is a vicious game, I was
forced to play it at school and hated every second of it. The only
violent game I remotely enjoyed was rugby (even though I was crap at
it).

Now you are talking Dylan, rugby a real mans game. In the context of this
thread something the French are good at except that the English are world
champions. He he!