Old May 31st 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gary

Default Continental E-225-4 question

On May 30, 11:51 pm, Frank Stutzman
wrote:

Well, there is the Beech electric prop as well. However considering that
pitch change bearings are non-existant, I doubt thats any better.
On a Bonanza, the Beech prop with 88 inch blades is considered by many to
give the best performance.

Good point Frank, but since the original poster said 225-4 which is a
wet-sump and the Bonanza uses the 225-8 dry sump version I didn't
think to mention any Beech props. Actually I believe there is yet
another with composite blades called the Koppers Aeromatic prop, very
rare if any are still airworthy.

380CHT is typical for my Navion above 8000' altitude but I feel better
when CHTs are below 350 and I need to fly in denser air to achieve
that with the cowl flaps closed.

Gary Plewa AP/IA
N4GP