Old March 28th 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Default Flying IFR with out STAND BY Vac & electrical is insane!

Longworth wrote:
On Mar 27, 10:19 am, Ross wrote:
What if one flies with a wet vacuum pump? Pretty much bullet proof.

Ross

Ross,
I am not sure about wet vacuum being bullet proof. I recalled doing
some extensive searches on the cost/benefit tradeoff of getting a wet
pump or a backup vacuum pump and came across reports of sudden
catastrophic failures of wet pumps. I ended up just replacing my dry
pump with one with good reliability record/ long warranty life and
adding a Precise Fliight backup system. Wet pumps may not fail
frequently but they are not totally bullet proof.

Hai Longworth

I have heard of catastrophic failures but rather slow degrading. In any
event, they are better than the dry. I will clean the belly anytime.

Ross