Old May 14th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default NJ Abandoned airport? Can you ID?

I was stuck in a holding pattern over southern New Jersey while PHL was
nearly shutdown due to weather. During the numerous circuits I noticed
what looks to be an abandoned airport north of Millville. I found it on
Google Earth but didn't see any reference to it on Paul Freeman's
excellent abandoned airport page:
[http://www.airfields-freeman.com/NJ/Airfields_NJ.htm]

Can anyone identify this one? I'm not sure it was an airport but it
sure looks like it had two or maybe even three runways.
Location is near Pittsgrove and Newfield in Southern New Jersey. It is
between Willow Grove Lake and state highway 55.

It's in the middle of this image:
http://tinyurl.com/qcdx7 [google maps]
39.55 N 75.06 W