Old May 24th 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Laister LP-49 FS For Sale @ Hemet 15 Meter

On May 23, 8:16*pm, wrote:
On Apr 11, 8:25*pm, Jim Meade wrote:

By way of update, the purchase of N888LP, Laister LP-49 was completed
on the 9th of April and I am now trailering it back to Iowa where I
will fly it.

The sale process on this glider was a bit involved and I thought
perhaps I'd post this message to provide some "closure" I think is the
preferred word to describe the resolution of what could have been an
ordeal.

Thanks to all who helped and were interested in it.

When I get some time in the glider, I'll give a rundown of my
impressions.

FWIW, the only thing I know about it so far is that the homemade
trailer pulls like a dream. *My 4 cylnder, 5 speed manual Chevy S10
hauled it from Hemet east via I-10, I-17, I-40 and we are now near
Wichita on US 54. *I'll be home Saturday night. *As all you big rig
drivers know (I have a million miles in them) wind can be as bad as a
grade and I'll say that the Kansas portion against a strong side wind
has been more trouble than any of the mountains. *(In the mountains
you just go slow - up and down ).- Hide quoted text -

Mat- thanks for the lead that got this whole thing going.

By all accounts, both buyer & seller are quite happy now.
LP-49 N888LP is safe at its new home.
Still waiting to hear the initial flight results.
I'm jealous of the official "Laister Sailplane Products" eagle logo
silkscreened on the instrument faces.
The whole glider is just dripping with nostalgia...

BTW- the trailer was factory built, and is by no means "home made".

(Don't forget there is still a very nice Thor Duster in Tehachapi
looking for a new home,
-- because I got an LP-49 of my own.)

Cheers,
Cam