Old April 21st 04, 02:55 PM

In rec.aviation.misc Thomas Borchert wrote:
: These headsets have extremely poor passive
: performance, and thus very poor performance at approx 1kHz.
:

: Says who? That's just not true. It's true for the Bose, though.

Lightspeed themselves on their review, IIRC. I know I saw it on a frequency
response chart somewhere. My personal experience bears it out as well... REALLY crap at
1Khz-3kHz or so. They also boost those frequencies (not coincidentally the part of the
spectrum required for intelligible speech) coming from the radio so it's louder, "clearer"
and "more intelligible." I can't take the "louder" part in my rattly airplane and make it
a no-go.

As always, YMMV, but the numbers don't lie. Like I said, I've discovered that I'm overly
sensitive to that frequency range compared to most.
-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *