Old September 27th 04, 09:05 PM
Dude

Dan,

I can see you point, but you are really stretching here IMO. First, Mooney
now has a quality level similar to that of Beech. Second, there are
financially sound manufacturers who have left buyers in similar situations
even without going TU.

So the plane needs a new spar, that does not make the plane worthless. I
suppose you are of the everything but Beech and Cessna is a cr*p sandwich
variety?

One day, barring a new design that is not forthcoming, those guys will pull
out of piston planes for good. If they don't manage to kill off our little
hobby (which they would do in a minute if they could sell more jets by doing
it), what do you plan to do?

Are you willing to buy a Cirrus, Diamond, or Lancair? People who keep up the
"nuth'n but a Cessna" attitude are just killing GA slowly. I see them
running all over the alphabet organizations, including AOPA. It's so
disappointing.

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"Dude" wrote:

Why would you be less inclined to buy a new one than an old one?

The warranty might not be honored if the mfr. goes TU. A lot of the value
of a new airplane is in the warranty. Suppose you bought a new Commander,
the co. went bankrupt and it was discovered there was a metallurgical flaw
in the main wing spars on new models? That's a not-too-far-fetched

scenario
that would leave you with a $half-million, non-airworthy hangar queen and

no
recourse.

Seems like you are in the same boat.

Not really.

Besides, Cessna pulled the plug on building piston planes even when they

had
money, what's the difference?

Cessna was still a viable company; it did not cancel warranties on new
aircraft when it stopped production of piston a/c.
--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM