Old February 19th 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

Default King KN73 GS receiver

Jarosław Androsiuk wrote:
Hi all.I'm looking for the Installation Manual or pinouts of the King
KN73 glideslope receiver.
I want to hook it up to the KX-170B that I have in the plane.
Does anyone know how these two should interface?
Thanks
Jarand

A copy of the pinouts can be purchased from Eastern Avionics
www.avionix.com if you are unable to find them. I have pinouts for the
175B chassis, and for a KN-75 GS reciever but not a -73. You also may be
able to get a copy off of Ebay... GeBe's Estate Sales is a good ebay
store source for stuff like that...

It is important to know if the 175B is already prewired at the connector
on the back of the tray. If it is not, then you will need to install
wiring by soldering to pins on the back of a 42 pin AMP connector. The
manual I have for the 175B recommends minimum 24 ga wiring unless
otherwise specified.

I have a copy of the pinouts for the 175B at
http://www.eaa12.org/files/175-195outs.pdf and the diagram shows
attachment to an indicator with integral glideslope reciever. Not
EXACTLY what you are looking for but shows the relationship between the
175B and a typical GS reciever.

Good luck.
Dave