Old May 31st 12, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt McKrell

Default PowerFLARM updates and installation notes

On May 31, 2:50*pm, Three Uniform wrote:
Good news !!
And good initiative about the "Hall of Shame". It cannot be expected
that everybody has a reasonable understanding of radio wave
propagation. So, the illustrations of "How Not To" are very usefull.

Now the most important question: What about Brick delivery schedule
(for non-contest folks that often fly together in close proximity on
convergence lines) ?

3U

It looks to me that we're about 6 weeks or more from delivery. My
vendor
just sent out a note to his customers confirming which display they
were
ordering, but he hasn't asked for the up-front payment yet.

I've got a question. It looks like the top of the glare shield is the
best spot.
However, in my plane (ASW-19) the glare shield ejects with the canopy.
If I ever have to bail out installing the antenna up there will keep
the canopy
from coming loose. Is there some kind of breakaway connector I can
use in the antenna cable? Alternately, is there a rubber duck kind of
antenna I can use instead that would poke through a hole in the glare
shield, like Bill Elliot did in this install: http://www.gliderpilot.org/FlarmInstallation

Thanks,
-- Matt