Old May 4th 15, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don Johnstone[_4_]

Default BGA Concession AUW

At 09:29 03 May 2015, wrote:
On 3/05/2015 02:04, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Friday, May 1, 2015 at 10:32:14 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
BGA trumps the manufacturer on max dry weight of the glider, yet US
pilots are crazy, stupid, and unsafe for steering the tug with

the
glider?

We'd all benefit from keeping UK/USA discussions about soaring civil.

There may be room for change and improvement on both sides of the pond

and
comments that discourage open discussion are harmful to the sport.

Please vent somewhere else.

Rubbish! Poms thrive on near-abuse so get stuck into them. They give
as good as they get and enjoy it. The US's mealy-mouthed weasel words
style gets a bit irritating after a while. Don't change, Dan and Don.

GC

He is right, when people are angry they type what they think. If someone
agrees with you they think no further, if they disagree they look for
reasons. We do have different ways of doing things and of course we think
they are right, if we didn't we would do something else. Maybe if enough
people think enough to counter an argument then some of the "holy writ"
things that we do would be seen for what they were, better done another
way. If something said on here results in one person thinking about limits
and saving a life then all to the good. Agreement never tries anything,
argument does.
Finally, no we have not forgiven you for dumping our bloody tea, so expect
a hard time, always :-)