Old October 20th 20, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Default Wheel brake effectiveness standards

40 kts corresponds to 20.58 m/s. (20.58 m/s) ^2/3 doesn't make any sense unit-wise, and the numerical result would be 7.36.
My Ventus cM touches down at 40 kts and has a hydraulic disc brake which works pretty well. Stopping distance without hitting the nose on the ground (on grass) is 170 m.

Bert
D-KHTW "TW"

Le mardi 20 octobre 2020 Ã* 17:01:04 UTC+2, Kenn Sebesta a écritÂ*:
On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 10:51:44 AM UTC-4, Tango Whisky wrote:
You've got your units pretty much messed up, and when you correct for that, your calculation doesn't make any sense.

I'm not immune from errors, but before again recalculating I'm going to wait until you provide any evidence of this. Otherwise, I think in 2020 we've learned that faceless internet commenters who dispute but don't provide evidence are to be approached with a certain degree of skepticism.