Old June 7th 21, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default New SkySight Route Color meanings

On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 5:44:59 AM UTC-6, G M wrote:
On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 12:54:59 AM UTC-4, Matthew Scutter wrote:
On Sunday, 6 June 2021 at 4:41:10 am UTC+10, G M wrote:
I noticed that SkySight has changed its Route Forecast Section and gives auto suggested routes but with different color schemes: red, green and yellow (or close enough). Does anyone know what these color codes represents, suggested distance for difference sailplane classes perhaps? I searched and could not find anything. I believe the potential distance section is for an 18 meter ventus.

Thanks in advance

It's meant to be a proxy for difficulty.
Red - Longer and more complex
Green - Shorter and easier

All of the calculations in the program, including PFD & Route forecast vary according to the performance/pilot factor you set in Settings - Account. The default is 100.

Thanks - big help, it is a great new feature

Does the route forecast suggestions factor in other forms of lift like ridge lift and convergence as well, or is it just based on thermal lift predictions?