Old June 8th 21, 04:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matthew Scutter[_2_]

Default New SkySight Route Color meanings

On Tuesday, 8 June 2021 at 1:25:44 pm UTC+10, Task Week wrote:
I am still super confused on how to see the color codes for route suggestions. When I go to route it does not automatically generate a route and when I select one there is no color coding?

Thanks,
Tony

1) Click "Route Forecast"
2) Click once on the map to pick a start point
3) Wait for the spinning circle to finish thinking - if it's 8am and lots of people are checking the forecast it should be in memory and solve the tasks almost instantly. If you click back 4 days and pick South America as your region, you could be waiting 20 seconds for us to load gigabytes out of cold storage and calculate everything for you.
4) See the suggested tasks including colours: https://i.imgur.com/pYiTVwH.png . Mousing over them will highlight the relevant route on the map.
5) If you like one of the generated tasks, click on it and it'll load it. If you don't like the generated tasks, continue drawing your own task.

This will be the subject of an upcoming video and be added to the manual shortly.