Old June 9th 11, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Training Needed?

On Jun 8, 4:45*pm, CF wrote:
I've an unrestricted private glider rating issused before 1994.. I believe
this measns I don't need a self launch endorsement? *What training or
checkrides would I need to pilot a motorgliner like the Phoenix *S-LSAwww.phoenixairusa.com*I'm also an A&P I should be able to no my own
maintenance

If you have not had the training that would qualify you for the self
launch endorsment, you are unlikely to be
qualified to fly the motorglider anyway.
Take the time to get the training, you will be safer for having done
so and avoid any potential insurance issues.
The FAA instituted the endorsement process as a practical and
relatively painless way to handle this issue.

FWIW
UH