Old October 14th 17, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Beringer Disc Brake Kit for Schemm-Hirth gliders - experience and effectiveness?

On Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 4:29:58 PM UTC-4, WaltWX wrote:
Can anyone recommend the Beringer disc brake kit...

Hi Walt - I also have the Beringer brake on Antares.
Biggest problem is it is too effective; despite limiter I once
managed to flat-spot the tire landing with the spoilers full aft.

Check the actuation in the kit for SH: no stretchy Bowden cables!!
IIRC its an on-tick master which should be fine.

Also note changing the (tubeless) tire is difficult in the field;
best to use the (inexpensive) tool from Beringer and watch the
fiddly O-rings.

Super high quality, great company to work with.

Hope that helps!
See ya, Dave