Old February 1st 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
David Lesher

Default UPDATE Starter question

A Lieberma writes:

David Lesher wrote in news:epoqih$kks$1
:

The "no crank" you experienced means insufficient voltage at the
starter innards. Its cause could be: discharged/bad battery [low
source voltage] or bad connections -- be they at the battery terminals,
the starter cables, the solenoid, or inside the starter.

One thing for sure David,

New battery, I am sure my A&P cleaned the battery connections and I am
pretty sure he would have inspected the connections so that will be ruling
out any further issues should I have any.

Then further troubleshooting is needed. Another poster suggested that
contactors may be the culprit. It's a good suspect.

(There are two basic approaches to troubleshooting. One is to
methodically go step by step, testing as you go...until you find
the anomaly. The other is jumping to a specific villain, and testing
it first.

An expert is the guy who knows how to balance these two. He may try
the second, and then go back to the first when stuck.)

--
A host is a host from coast to