Old May 15th 11, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mario[_2_]

Default Small outlanding help for Android

On May 13, 6:18*pm, Ramy wrote:
On May 13, 12:35*pm, Johny wrote:

How about sending an SMS to your crew with your GPS position after an outlanding? See Android Market, search for outlanding.

For iphone users, I found the free (if I recall correctly) app "SMS
GPS" very handy for sharing your location via SMS, Email or Facebook.
In all cases it sends a google map link, not like the Spot which from
some reason beyond me, only send google map link by email, not by SMS.
When I asked them, they claimed that "most people don't use smart
phones"... Right, people who use spot are not using smartphones...

Ramy

Ramy,
Have you seen EmergenSee? E-mails and SMS messages are automatically
delivered to your contacts. How does it compare with "SMS GPS"?
It is free for a limited time only.
Mario
http://www.emergenseeapp.com/