Old September 18th 04, 08:49 PM
David Herman

One thing to keep in mind - not all NiMH AA batteries have the same
capacity. A few weeks ago after I bought the new AvMap EKP-IV (it takes six
NiMH AAs), I went shopping for batteries and a charger at Frys.

I found NiMH AA batteries there rated with capacities ranging from 1600 mAh
up to 2300 mAh. Not surprisingly, those with the higher capacities were a
bit more expensive. Since these were going to be used for aviation-related
purposes, naturally I got the most expensive ones I could.

The variety of charging options was quite dizzying - too many choices for
chargers, but I'm assuming you already have that covered.

--
David Herman
N6170T 1965 Cessna 150E

"Jim Weir" wrote in message
news
The NiMH AA batteries in the handheld are now almost 6 years old, and are
starting to show their age. What's the best deal going on AA batteries

these
days?

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com