Old May 16th 05, 08:09 PM
Robert M. Gary

I"m not sure what employees have to do with it. The purpose of the
company is to return value to the shareholders. The shareholders are
singularly responsible for ensuring that they get the most bang for
buck with their CEO (just like you do with your pool boy). The
shareholders write the CEOs pay check, not the employees. I have never
read a company's mission statement that said, "The purpose of this
company is to provide employement". How would invest their hard earned
money in that?
Anytime you have a pension you must always understand that it is only
good until the company declares bankruptcy. That is why God invented
401ks.

-Robert