Old May 17th 05, 12:36 AM
Dave Stadt

"Garner Miller" wrote in message
In article , Matt Barrow
wrote:

You proved my point. Of all the captains at Delta, for example, how
many have been there 30 years? And how many are on the 777? Far,

far
fewer than the entire pilot pool, I assure you.

His numbers are a hell of a lot closer than yours were, and he qualified

his
statements.

Fine.

A first-year pilot at Continental makes $25,900. UPS, $26,200.
United, $23,400. At Delta, $43,600. And surprise, Southwest comes
out ON TOP in first-year pay, at $44,900. And the 10-year captain at
Southwest? $166,000 -- *more* than the 10-year 737 captain at Delta
makes.

And that Southwest pilot probably flies twice as many hours per month. You
are going to have to look long and hard for sympathy for pilots working for
the majors.

The thousands upon thousands of them on furlough are making exactly $0,
so make sure you factor that into your average. That's a very real
risk in this industry.

As it is in any industry. Nice try but no bannana.