Old September 4th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

Default NATCA Going Down in Flames

In a previous article, " said:
over something that should be a No brainer. If I remember right the
adverage salary for a ATC worker this year was 72,500, with some raking
in 171,300. For that pay they shouldn't even contest not being able to
wear flip flops to work. What other profession can dress like that and
earn that kind of cash, well other then Jimmy Buffet.????

Computer programmers. We make that sort of money, and we sure as hell
don't have a mandatory retirement at 55 or whatever it is for them.

I had a job where they required a dress code. I told them that if I'm
going to be on my knees crawling around a server rack or pulling cables
behind dusty old computers, I'm either going to dress casually or they
could pay my dry cleaning bill. They didn't relent, so I left.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
If the automobile had followed the same development as the computer a