Old September 4th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_1_]

Default NATCA Going Down in Flames

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article .com,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

[snip]
These so-called "civil servants" have done themselves (and
us) a terrible disservice by choosing this ridiculous issue to fight
about, and they have only increased the probability that we will see
ATC privatization.

Who cares what they wear? How about expecting the FAA "leaders" spend
effort and time on things that matter? Controllers have very little
interaction
with "customers" expect via land-line or radio. Does the controller's
attire
matter even a little?

Jay, you did label it correctly. It IS a ridiculous issue.

Not only ridiculous, it could actually be a dangerous issue. ANY issue like
this that is designed by its creators to deliberately cause tension between
controllers and supervisors while on duty is a potential danger to flights
in progress.

Slightly off topic but with a real stretch slight relevant here is what
follows;

The very idea of a government union is bad on its premise. On one hand you
have government employees screaming for money. On the other hand you have
politicians wanting the union's vote to stay in office. In the middle you
have the taxpayer who has to pay the bill when these two completely
unethical factors finish putting on their show for the public and do what
they were always going to do anyway; screw the taxpayer.
We are well advised to remember the Boston Tea Party, where everybody was
screaming,
"No taxation without representation". Well we wanted it. We got it. Now we
have taxation WITH representation :-)

Dudley Henriques