Old June 5th 11, 03:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_4_]

Default UK1 P9795 Fairey BarracudsMkII.jpg

On 5/06/2011 9:29 AM, Dingo wrote:

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
nd.com...
On 4/06/2011 9:30 PM, Joseph Testagrose wrote:

What are those things on the wings; tanks?

Could be they were the parachutist's carrying pods as mentioned at:

http://www.hms-vengeance.co.uk/812airc.htm

http://www.rcaf.com/Aircraft/aircraf...p?BARRACUDA-71

~~
Dingo

They _could_ have been for dropping supplies to agents and paratroops,
but I doubt they would ever have carried people. However, the shape
seems a bit odd for a droppable container - the aerodynamics are all....
'off' if you know what I mean. These things look like they're meant to
remain on the wing for the entire flight.