Old August 24th 05, 01:26 PM
jls

"Michael Horowitz" wrote in message
Please see http://members.cox.net/mhorowit/
for details. - Mike

Sorry that happened to you, Mike. I didn't know it was that bad.

Until a few years ago my T-Craft got propped mostly from the front. After
owning a Taylorcraft since the mid-80's, I guess it's been luck keeping the
ol' bird out of trouble.

A few years ago a west-coast seaplaner in our T-Craft club sold $5
FAA-approved videos on how to hand-prop from behind the prop--- on the right
side of the aircraft --- so that you could be at the controls, or at least
have ready access to them.. That's the best way to do it to keep the
aircraft from running off all by itself or flying away like a drone. FAA
rules require a person of suitable age and discretion to be at the controls
when the aircraft is hand-propped.

Yeah, I know. I'm being an ass lecturing on how to hand-prop while you're
going through the grieving process. Apology.