Old August 24th 05, 03:33 PM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Ron Wanttaja wrote:

Or a remote-release hook, either those made for towing gliders ($$$$) or a
homemade one. One guy on this page had a pretty slick setup...the hook was
released by pressing the left rudder pedal all the way. See the last picture
on:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/tech/tailhook.html

In my ~7 years of flying the original Fly Baby, there was only twice that I was
unable to find a tiedown rope or an anchor point for my own rope. Once was on a
grass strip in the middle of nowhere, the second time is when the engine quietly
went to sleep on final approach on a 15-degree day.

Ron Wanttaja

I like it Why did he go for the foot release as opposed to a hand
release?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired