Old September 20th 04, 03:57 AM
Mark Zivley

Is your friend using safety wire or is he using the wire clips that look
kinda like a safety pin? I know that it's tough in some gliders no
matter what you're using, but the safety pins we used in our LS-1 were
pretty easy to put in and latch even though it was a totally blind
operation. Lots cheaper too! If you like you can even tether the pins
so if they fall you don't lose them.

Mike wrote:
I was watching my friend struggle with (AD required)safty wires for
Hotellier connectors on his recently purchased Pegasus. He said the
AD notes alternatives to the safty wires like the Wedekind sleeves.
Anyone know if these are retrofittable and where they can be obtained.
I'm sure this has been hashed out on RAS before but I'm new to the
group so apologize for the clutter. TIA:

Mike