Old January 4th 18, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default GP Gliders

I hear ya there Paul. That's why I fly with the 1-26 guys. Sure I would like to race with something more forgiving L/D wise, but I am not willing to put up with all the b.s. that "modern" racing entails. The 1-26 assoc has always been common sense based, minimalistic in regards to rules and eminently affordable. Not to mention they are a really great bunch of guys. Super competative and competent. But totally willing to help out newcomers with any tricks to make these little machines or their pilots perform better.