Old April 22nd 12, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

Our club considered buying one a couple years ago. I asked our FSDO if we could convert it to experimental. He refused on the grounds that to convert the airworthiness cert to experimental for the sole purpose of circumventing a manufacturer's lifetime restriction of an airframe was not a valid reason.

It has always been my understanding that if you don't comply with the
life limit extension requirements or exceed the times you can convert
to experimental certificate (in the US) and keep on flying.