Old May 27th 05, 02:51 AM
Gord Beaman

vincent p. norris wrote:

Round engines give a satisfying rattle-rattle, click-click, BANG, more
rattles, another BANG, a big macho FART or two, more clicks, a lot more
smoke and finally a serious low pitched roar.

I spent more than a thousand hours sitting BETWEEN, not behind, two
PW R-2800s. They ran fine, never quit till I cut the mixtures; but
left me with a hearing loss.

I can still pass the FAA medical but can't understand what the pretty
girls are saying at cocktail parties.

vince norris

I know how you feel Vince!...I sat behind 4 Wright R-3350's for
many thousands of hours...a really good engine, but noisy...the
Canadian Gov't pays me near a kilobuck (tax-free) a month for
what they consider a 35% hearing disability...the check is nice
but I'd forego it in a heartbeat for normal hearing...
--

-Gord.

"I'm trying to get as old as I can,
and it must be working 'cause I'm