Old May 27th 05, 02:01 PM
Charlie Wolf

On Thu, 26 May 2005 22:46:26 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 26 May 2005 20:44:22 -0400, vincent p. norris
wrote:

Round engines give a satisfying rattle-rattle, click-click, BANG, more
rattles, another BANG, a big macho FART or two, more clicks, a lot more
smoke and finally a serious low pitched roar.

I spent more than a thousand hours sitting BETWEEN, not behind, two
PW R-2800s. They ran fine, never quit till I cut the mixtures; but
left me with a hearing loss.

For me it was R-1820s. Lots of noise, though! :-)

Are you an ex-Stoof guy Bill?
Regards,

I can still pass the FAA medical but can't understand what the pretty
girls are saying at cocktail parties.

Yeah, but aren't pretty girls suckers for war heros with crippling
disabilties?!?!?!?! ;-)

Bill Kambic

P.S. Also works if you marry one of 'em and have difficulties
understanding the "honey do" list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!