Old March 11th 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Ercoupe from Lilliput

wrote in news:77d15da9-4a1c-4411-be3f-
:

I think a Pixie or
baby ace would be a better deal by far. Or even a Volksplane or

Hummel
bird.

Bertie- Hide quoted text -

For a while I was looking at the Volksplane, but I thought metal would
be preferable.

The Hummelbird is neat. Bet you could fly one with a rotax 503 / 582
pretty nice.

First build? put the engine on the designer intended.

Baby ace is neat but for now I'm going with a simpler design. I did
order Poberezny's book on the Acrosport. Soon as I do some aerobatics
I'll decide if long term I want an aerobatic plane like Paul's.

They don't come any simpler or easier to build than the Volksplane. Good
safe design. A determined builder can knock one up in six months. The
Pietenpol wouldn't be too much harder, but would take a good bit more
time to build. I've always fancied one of those with a model A engine on
it.

Bertie