Old April 5th 05, 12:23 AM
Bob Salvo

Hi Ludovic,

Take a short length of #22 insulated electrical wire and remove 50 mm of
insulation. Place this piece of insulation inside of a straight-through
section used to splice your tygon tubing. Use RTV to seal around the
outside of the insulation. This is now your capillary, which you should
place in the TE line that connects to the static side of vario.

Bob

"Ludovic Launer" wrote in message
Hi

I have a Winter vario, which is works OK, but I find the indication a

little
jumpy...
The system is not leaking, but I'd just like to have slightly less "gust"
jumps and a smoother move of the needle.

In my ASW20 there used to be a restriction in the tubing and apparently it
did the job pretty well with the same type of vario.
Indeed, restriction in the tubing seems to be the way to go:
http://www.sagevariometers.com/sagehint.htm

But then my quesion is:
Where can I find a restriction (preferably France, or Europe) ?
Making one would be an alternative, but very tedious I guess (what's the
correct length ? diameter of the capillary, ...)

Has anyone successfully applied this solution and got a better/smoother
reading ?

Thanks for the info,
Ludovic