Old August 17th 11, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_2_]

Default Flaps VS Airbrakes/Spoilers

Perhaps. But this *is* a pilots' forum and we all know that -- from
the pilot's point of view -- the world revolves about him, end of
story. I mean if it wasn't for glider pilots, there wouldn't be much
point in having glider designers. Ergo, Bob put 'em there to be
useful to me, period :-).

-Evan Ludeman / T8

True enough, although Dick was speaking from a solution oriented
standpoint that ignored perception issues. Kind of like the engineer on
the golf course joke http://www.ahajokes.com/gol010.html

I've flown the ASW-20A quite a bit & absolutely loved the combination of
high deflection flaps and spoilers. I suspect I'd like a flaps only
solution too.

Craig