Old October 16th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Re-curving mylar on a glider

My top surface mylar seems to have lost some of it's curvature, because
it doesn't quite touch the aileron and flaps when they are in positive
positions. Does anyone know a way to put the curve back into the mylar
without removing it? It's so well adhered and smoothly installed, I'd
like to leave it on if at all possible, but I think it may be degrading
my climb while thermalling. The mylar is almost 12 years old.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

"Transponders in Sailplanes" on the Soaring Safety Foundation website
www.soaringsafety.org/prevention/articles.html

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org