Old April 2nd 08, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Garmin GPSMAP 495

I've got the 496, and -- apart from the weather and entertainment aspects of
the unit -- I dislike it intensely. It's got a creaky-slow processor, a
tiny, muddy-looking screen, and cost WAY too much.

You might check this out instead:

http://www.aviationsafety.com/fl_190.htm

It's got more features, is cheaper to update, and has a bigger screen. I'm
contemplating saving my pennies for one, but I've got the 496 panel-docked,
so upgrading is going to be costly. If I do get one, I would end up using
the 496 for XM music only, which would make it the most costly entertainment
center ever...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA