Old November 2nd 09, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Default Are there any active Cessna 150/152 owners groups?

brian whatcott wrote:
Mike Adams wrote:

I just bought a Cessna 152. I was trying to find an owners group I
can join...

The group to join is Cessna Pilots Association, http://www.cessna.org
They have a very active forum with topics for all the Cessna models.
Lots of good technical information available as well.

Mike

Hmmm....$50+ pa for a monthly mag. Their Tech notes seem handy.
They even show one - probably the most important one - for free:
Wheel Shimmy.

Brian W

I was a member of the CPA for years until I had to sell my Skyhawk due
to medical reasons. They are a wealth of informaton. I saw that you
mentioned wheel shimmy - you gotta love Cessna. I installed one of the
new Lord dampers and it works as advertised. Much better that the old
fluid filled OEM part. Just be sure it is correctly shimmed. There are
other issues in the nose strut that can lead to shimmy.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP