Old June 10th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

In rec.aviation.piloting Mxsmanic wrote:
Viperdoc writes:

Now, please proceed to impress us with your knowledge about the vestibular
system.

I know that if it isn't disturbed, it isn't confused. I also know that if
your head is level with the horizon, you'll feel turns as a sideways movement,
but if your head is level with the wings (and the turn is coordinated), you'll
incorrectly perceive the turn as a climb or descent. I can easily see how
this latter policy would encourage disorientation.

And just how would you "know" this, simulator boy?

If a turn is coordinated, you don't feel a turn no matter how your
head is oriented.

Abrupt climbs or descents are perceived in your butt.

Continuous climbs or descents are perceived by the location of the
horizon relative to the nose of the aircraft.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.