Old February 20th 08, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavalamb himself[_2_]

Default Kevlar - Styrofoam material, where to get more

Bob Kuykendall wrote:

The core foam is Divinycell, at a guess I'd say H60. And I'd say
you're right about the face sheets, that's almost certainly some sort
of aramid like Kevlar (tm).

Premanufactured sheets of this stuff can be had, but it's generally an
aerospace or military item and priced accordingly in the hundreds of
dollars per pound.

Fortunately, its easy enough to make with garden-variety materials and
techniques. As others note, plain old fiberglass will yield greater
stiffness than the Aramid, and for the most part stiffness is what you
sense the most directly, not strength.

Thanks, Bob K.
http://www.hpaircraft.com

Sheets -- with pricing...