Old March 20th 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
G. Sylvester

Default G430 RAIM failure

Jon Carlson wrote:
This happened to me about a year ago on that approach (I'm based at
SQL) and sounds like almost the same point. It all came back after
about 15 seconds, the RAIM flag went away. I don't recall whether I
was still in approach mode or not, but like you I broke out about the
time I was figuring out my next move.

I've wondered whether there's some kind of signal interference from
the Stanford/SLAC vicinity once in a while. (This is pure speculation,
I have no data to support that.) Something also messes up 119.0 (tower
freq) in that area all the time.

-Jon C.

thanks for the feedback. I know a Controller at OAK Center. He might be
able to direct me to someone at Norcal. If not, maybe just a NASA
Report. Maybe there were others as well. thanks.

Gerald