Old June 14th 15, 07:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Fly-in BBQ at Inyokern - Saturday June 13

So Who was the winner of farthest glide to Inyokern?

Both Ramy Yanetz and David Ainsman flew in from Truckee. Ramy scored 806 points and could be said to have won the out of town class but Kevin Wayt was the overall winner with 926 points. Doug Levy may be higher in points after flying from IYK to Ely in his 1-26 but the only rule we had was that you had to land at IYK. Overall we had a successful "contest" with 3-4 coming in from out of town and probably about 6-7 flying out of IYK.

I think we will try to make this an annual event, so if you are based out of NV or CA think about flying to one way to IYK in early June 2016.

Well, think about coming out other times as well. We usually operate on weekends but now that a couple of our tow pilots have retired from their day jobs we can support weekday flying with adequate prior notice.

Thanks,

Alex