Old August 12th 15, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default SSA responds to ANPRM

On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 11:28:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I personally disagree with the SSA response. I have responded directly to the FAA.

I think all gliders should have transponders all the time.

We look forward to your five figure donation to our club to equip about 20 gliders (and our tow plane) with transponders that might be interrogated (optimistically) 10% of their flight time.

Yours is a crappy broad brush solution to a problem some do not have at this particular point in time.

Evan Ludeman, Post Mills Soaring Club, Post Mills, VT