Old December 28th 15, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default New Silver Distance Rules?

Terry, I dont recall the issue with your flight, but I think it was that you missed the 2nd turn. The new rules would not help in that case, and more likly if you needed to fly north to a turn, and then south to make the distance the new rules will work against you.

The new rules require you to fly from release to a landing, or a declared turnpoint at least 50km away from your release. So no longer can you "remote start" like you could in the past.

Rick
Current Badge and Record committe member (who had nothing to do with making this change ;-)