Old July 7th 04, 02:06 PM
Carter

Thanks to all who have responded, I have looked at the Dexter axels and
others. They have hydraulic and electric brakes that work great and will
fit the Cobra trailer, however, I need the hand brakes that come on the
Cobra because of where I have to store and hook up my trailer to my car,
etc. I will see what Alex's axel from Germany will cost then make a
decision on which to buy.

Best regards,
Carter

"PENN2P" wrote in message
I replaced the undercarriage of my 1991 cobra in 2000. No problem at all.

The
repair shop used axle system purchased in Statesville, NC. The repair shop

was
located about 20 miles from Statesville.
It worked fine, but no longer had trailer brake system. Did not notice big
difference in towing without brake. You will have new tire rims also.

Total
cost was $1200.00.
Penn 2P