Old January 7th 05, 04:28 PM
Marco Leon

Why don't you get a Warrior? There are some OK ones going for between
$30-$40K. My uncle is looking for his own. Right now he is partnering with
me on my Warrior. IMHO, the Warrior is one of the better values out there.
They go almost as fast (according to the Piper single Engine catalog, the
difference is 1 kt!) and about 100 lbs less useful load for an average of
$20-$30K cheaper than an Archer.

Marco Leon
N36616

"xyzzy" wrote in message
Tim Long wrote:

I fly warriors in a club and have been toying with the idea of buying a
140. I don't know if I'd be happy with less plane than I am flying now,
but for 99% of the flying I do, a 140 would be sufficient, at least on
paper. Hell, for 90% of the flying I do an Ercoupe or a Tripacer would
be sufficient, but I'm not willing to go that small and limited since
the 140 isn't THAT much more expensive to buy.

What do you mean by a dog? Useful load, speed, what? What kind of TAS
do you get in cruise? I'd be curious to hear this kind of feedback from
140 drivers, especially if they have also flown Warriors, 160s, or 180s
and can give comparative experience.