Old July 18th 06, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_1_]

Default Starship prop blade

Sherer's story is one of the neatest things I've ever heard. There was a
show on the Discovery Channel about his passion. He wanted to keep his
Starship so bad that he not only refused Beechcraft's offer but he bought up
the entire inventory of parts.

They told about his "right plane, right place, right time" story where he
and his instructor simply decided to go visit Burt Rutan in the Starship
because they thought he'd like to see it... and it turns into a request from
Rutan to use the Starship as a chase plane.

Too cool.

Jim

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Kingfish" wrote)
That's probably your best bet, as if it's not yellow-tagged it's

worthless
to a Starship operator. Then again, ISTR Beech had bought them all back

few years ago as they didn't want to support the fleet; I don't know if
any are still flying.

http://www.craigsteffen.net/starship/
Good site of Beech Starship at OSH 2004 and 2005.

Photo
"Parked in Aeroshell Square"

Photo
"...with its back to the Beech booth, just to make the point. :-) "

http://rps3.com/Pages/Starship.htm
"4 privately owned Starships are currently in active service:"
NC-29, NC-45, NC-50, NC-51

http://rps3.com/Pages/Starship%20FAQ.htm
Starship FAQ

Montblack