Old July 23rd 06, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_2_]

Default Notes from the RAP pre-OSH party

We finally made it to Iowa City to check out the town, stay at Jay and
Mary's place, and go to the party. It was a short trip, but the folks at the
FBO at IOW were extremely friendly and helpful.

We had some dinner in town, and spent the evening next to the pool with
other guests flying into OSH. Jay was a great host, and spent the whole
night with everyone by the pool. While Jay was out with the guests, Mary, on
the other hand, was working hard, packing for the trip, unplugging the drain
in the pool, etc.

I was wondering if Mary pulled their plane out of the hangar, pre-flighted,
and then packed, while Jay would show up to do the flying. Anyway, they were
great hosts, and it was a wonderful stay at their place. I would recommend
it to anyone, and to an aviation buff it is even an added bonus.

We plan on returning next year for a longer stay.